Saturday, May 16, 2009

the best day for a cake person--EVER.

Saturday, May 16, 2009
So on Tuesday, I was showing my website to a friend who wanted to see my cakes. And if you haven't noticed, on the right side of my page is a short list of blogs that I like (see here---->). Included on that list is the wonderful Confetti Cakes blog. So as I glance at my page, the update for Confetti Cakes says "going to pittsburgh."
That's right, Elisa Strauss did a demo today in Pittsburgh! I was so stoked because she is like my cake-design idol! She was so nice and she demoed one of her spring cakes. I learned a couple of tricks that I'm sure will make my cakes look way better! I took her a print out of my first page of my blog...so if she's reading this, i'm a bit embarrassed because I was a little bit starstruck :/ oh, and i got my fav cookbooks signed by her!
I can't wait to make a new cake now; you all need to order cakes!! her work is what makes me want to do this all the time, and it was truly an honor to meet her.
Here's a pic from my cell phone. I forget my camera at the worst times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment