Sunday, April 5, 2009

Keaton's 1st Birthday

Sunday, April 5, 2009
The finished design:



The cake before I added the sugar palm trees:



Some decorations that I made:



This weekend I attempted my coolest and most detailed design yet for my son's 1st birthday party. His party centered around zoo animals, and in addition to the cake I made decorations and all of the food. I'm way too obsessed with party planning.
I got the idea for the cake from a picture frame that I saw--then I added some sugar decorations and also Little People zoo animals from a gift that Keaton got for Christmas.
This is absolutely my favorite cake that I've done so far. I'm not sure if it's just because it was for my little man, but it really doesn't matter. I love it.
This cake was obviously 3 tiers (all with vanilla buttercream and fondant covering)--the bottom was red velvet, the middle vanilla, and the top tier was chocolate.

1 comments:

Chelsea said...

Amazing!!! You are such an artist. Good job!

Post a Comment