Friday, March 20, 2009

This cake is headed to space.

Friday, March 20, 2009



At least my space on blogspot. Ha. This birthday cake is for my pseduo-brother, who is a science teacher. Since his party is today--the first day of spring/the vernal equinox--I wanted to do something that kind of had to do with that. At first I was going to have a flower going from seed to full bloom but I'm not going to lie, it was a little girlie. After my trip to Houston and the Johnson Space Center in February, I've had NASA and astronauts on the brain. Hopefully he likes this flask gone NASA as much as I do.
It's a white cake layered with vanilla swiss buttercream, then covered with white fondant. I think there are 9 layers total. Oh, AND it's my first sculpted cake. I have to admit, it took a little longer than I expected.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

There is nothing wrong with a science geek cake! Your cakes are amazing!

Post a Comment