Sunday, February 8, 2009

Welcome to my Blog!

Sunday, February 8, 2009
Welcome, and thanks for viewing my blog! I have recently turned my love for baking and art into the beginnings of a new career: specialty cake decorating. I have started doing at least one cake about every week, and I am very lucky to have an understanding husband to help me watch my two small children.
The pictures that you see are the product of a lot of time spent watching Food Network and teaching myself some of the basic techniques of cake decorating. Each cake I design I try to attempt a new technique, and I will hopefully be able to take some professional baking classes in the near future. For now, this blog will suit as my "cake portfolio."
At this point, I am trying out some new recipes and flavor combinations, and I continue to have my cakes seen and tasted by a lot of people in my area. My intention within the next couple of years is to open a specialty bakery in the Pittsburgh area. Until then, enjoy the pictures and feel free to contact me at steelcitycakes@gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment