Monday, February 9, 2009

I don't understand the attraction of "Dancing With the Stars"....

Monday, February 9, 2009

...but it's my Grandma's favorite show. It was between a Singin' in the Rain cake and this one. And she loved the idea of the silhouettes of the dancers around the side. I liked the idea of modeling the colors of the icing on the opening of the show with the clouds and the pink and purple. It's a 2 layer yellow/white cake combo which makes the cake rich but light in my opinion. In between the layers is white buttercream icing with a layer of pureed strawberries with a bit sugar soaked into the cake. Everyone LOVED the addition of the strawberries! The disco ball was actually a Christmas ornament. It worked out perfectly and required a lot less work than the idea I had of cutting up an old CD and hot-gluing it to a foam ball. That would have been some hard core crafting fun, though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment